Pere Lachaise Cemetery Guided Walking Tour – Semi-Private
- PARIS /
- Pere Lachaise Cemetery Guided Walking Tour – Semi-Private
Discover more about this tour
Well off the beaten path, Paris’s most beautiful and unexpected site, the 19th century Père Lachaise Cemetery, is a surprise not to be missed . Take this 2.5 hour small group tour, joining no more than 10 guests on a visit to this often overlooked landmark in Eastern Paris.
It’s the resting place of thousands of Parisians, including many famous names. Iconic resident, Oscar Wilde, once wrote, “Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one’s head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.” And peace is what we’ll discover at this calm, yet utterly captivating cemetery. Your guide will share stories about the most famous graves, including those of Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Chopin, and Marcel Marceau and memorials to the Holocaust and various wars. We’ll discuss the little-known popular uprising, the Paris Commune, which occurred within the cemetery’s walls.
Highlights Generally Include the Graves of: Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Oscar Wilde, Molière, The Holocaust Memorial
Meeting Point: At Entrance to Pere Lachaise Cemetery on Rue des Rondeaux. The nearest Metro station is Gambetta (Line 3).
Starting Time Options: 2pm
Includes: Tour Guide
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- Lucia provided a well researched tour that was delivered with warmth and passionate knowledge. I could not have asked for a better guide. Thank you for a great tour.
- Our guide was just great and very knowledgeable. Great experience. I highly recommend this small group tour. Only a total of 4 people which really individualized the experience. Thank you Carolina great tour.
- Our guide, Tina (Christina) was amazing. There were five of us in the group and it was perfect. We had been in larger group tours in Greece and Italy and this was by far the best experience. Tina is so knowledgable and fun, the day flew by. We highly recommend Babylon Tours.
- Lucia was an awesome tour guide. l learned a lot about history and saw things I would have missed just walking around.