Montmartre Guided Walking Tour – Semi-Private
- PARIS /
- Montmartre Guided Walking Tour – Semi-Private
Discover more about this tour
Wander through the post-card perfect district of Montmartre, home of the Impressionists and cabarets that marked the Belle Epoque period. This small group tour, with no more than 10 travelers, will explore a time when the City of Light sparkled more than ever. Your tour will pair you with one of our enthusiastic young guides who share their favorite stories and personalities that define the Montmartre neighborhood.
Climb the butte or hill of Montmartre, starting at its base where the Moulin Rouge’s windmill still spins slowly and where its girls still kick high each night. This small group tour winds up the hill and its cobbled streets. Discover the houses of artists like Van Gogh and Picasso who called Montmartre home. Let us introduce you to France’s disco queen Dalida and the artists who still sell their wares on the square. At the top of the hill, you can enter the gleaming white basilica of Sacré Coeur before taking in breathtaking view of Paris from one of the city’s highest vantage points. Cinema buffs and fans of the film Amélie will feel extra giddy this district, where much of the movie was filmed. You also have the option of taking an evening tour to catch a sunset over the city if you’re lucky (depending on the season).
Highlights Generally Include: Moulin Rouge, Sacré Coeur Cathedral (with time allowed to explore inside as well), Place Dalida, Moulin de la Galette, Vincent Van Gogh’s house, The Artists’ Square, Amélie Café
Meeting Point: At exit Metro Station Blanche (line 2)
Starting Time Options: 4pm
Includes: Tour Guide
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- We had a fun walking tour of Montmartre. The tour was supposed to be for a small group, but we got lucky and there were only 3 of us!! Our guide was great and she walked us through the area. I highly recommend the Babylon Tours group.
- MONTMARTRE: Small Group Guided Tour - Moulin Rouge to the Sacré-Coeur was a great walking tour. Our guide Carolena was so very nice and knowledgeable about the area. She had a few visual aides she showed as the tour was progressing regarding certain artists or certain buildings in the area. She showed many highlights like the restaurant from the movie 'Amelie' and talked about all the different artists that lived there and there were even some interesting legends about lesser known people in the neighborhood that made for great stories. Be prepared as the walk is hilly and steep in places and the streets are slightly uneven with stones but this is definitely worth it! I was extremely glad that the company did not cancel as there were only 2 of us on the tour. Highly recommend as the church and view at the top is unmistakably beautiful!
- Bellen was absolutely wonderful on our tour of Montmartre! Lily was fantastic on our tour of Notre Dame. Each of the ladies were very knowledgeable. They kept our tour moving at the right pace. Easy to understand. Highly recommend Babylon tours!!!
- We loved our walking tour with CHRISTINE of the awesome area of MontMatre (Paris) where the Sacre Coeur is located ON April 14, 2017. Christine was so friendly and so tuned in to what we would enjoy and she made is special for us. She gave us just enough historical background to make things interesting and meaningful. She took us to see windy streets & unusual architectural sights. We loved it!! I would rate the tour with CHRISTINE A 5 STAR! Joyce & Daryl Deering, USA
- I absolutely loved this walking tour and would highly recommend it. Carolena was the perfect guide and the tour covered many aspects of the local area and art work. The tour was at a relaxed pace and I appreciated being one of a small group. 10/10, loved it!!