Louvre Museum + Orsay Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Combo Tour - Semi-Private
- PARIS /
- Louvre Museum + Orsay Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Combo Tour – Semi-Private
Discover more about this tour
This semi-private tour, limited to just 6 guests, allows you to experience Paris’s two major museums all in a half-day. And they said it couldn’t be done! Join our guides and skip the line to spend 5 to 5.5 hours immersed in the treasures of these two iconic museums with one of our energetic and enthusiastic guides.
Start at the world’s most famous and most visited museum, the Louvre, with works from the Ancient Greeks to the 19th century masters like Delacroix. Discuss Michelangelo’s “Slaves” while strolling through this former royal palace. We’ll answer popular questions, like why Mona Lisa is smiling and why the Venus de Milo has no arms before moving across the river towards the Musée d’Orsay.
After a break for lunch, we’ll delve into Impressionist work like Monet ‘s waterlilies and Renoir’s “Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette” while discussing Van Gogh’s famous “Bedroom in Arles” and other masterpieces. By the end, you’ll understand why Paris has become one of the most important hubs for artists in the whole world.
Highlights Generally Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.) Mona Lisa, Da Vinci, Venus de Milo, Michelangelo’s Slaves, Winged Victory of Samothrace, Manet’s Luncheon on the Grass, Renoir’s Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette, Monet’s Poppy Field and Waterlilies, Van Gogh’s Bedroom in Arles
Meeting Point: At Louis XIV statue
Duration: 5 to 5.5hs
Starting Time Options: 10am
Days: Wednesday to Saturday (NO Sunday, Monday or Tuesday)
Includes: Tour Guide; ‘Skip the line’ Museum Entry; Lunch Break Between Museums
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- Liliya was a fantastic guide for both the Louvre & Musée d'Orsay! I traveled with my mom, who has some back problems that don't allow her to stand for long periods of time. Liliya accommodated my mom's need to sit by talking to the tour group near my mom's seated spot. In addition to her large amount of knowledge about the museums' collections, Liliya was quite funny. For example, she referred to a collection of cameos in the Louvre as the "selfies" of the Sun King's day. Highly recommend this personal and excellent tour!
- I had a wonderful small group tour of the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay. Unlike other tours advertised as "small" this truly was with only 5 people. We had a lovely time and I would highly recommend Babylon and our guide (whose name escapes me right now!).
- Fabulous tour, wonderful guide. Highly recommend.
- Fabrizzia was excellent! She was very knowledgeable, was great with our kids and got us through the crowds very easily. Highly recommend to anyone going for the first time to any of the museums.
- Liliya was an amazing guide on my semi-private tour of the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay! Her attention to detail, personable service and wealth of knowledge enriched my experience.