Musée d’Orsay (Orsay Museum) Skip-the-Line Guided Tour - Semi-Private
- PARIS /
- Musée d’Orsay (Orsay Museum) Skip-the-Line Guided Tour – Semi-Private
Discover more about this tour
Paris’ other museum, the Musée d’Orsay is an architectural marvel as well as a collection of the world’s most famous painters from Monet and Renoir to Degas and Van Gogh. Skip the lines with our guides on and join no more than 6 guests on an intimate semi-private tour , and consider booking our Thursday evening option to avoid the crowds if possible. Our charming young guides will lead you through this repurposed, century-old train station and explore the artistic evolutions that led to the Impressionists and their vibrant, colorful works.
From Manet’s scandalous “Luncheon on the Grass” to Renoir’s “Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette,” our engaging guides will discuss the Impressionists and their techniques. We’ll discuss those who came right before them like Millet and “The Gleaners” as well as their legacy carried on by the likes of Van Gogh, as visible in his “Bedroom in Arles.” And of course we’ll check out works by Monet himself, including his famous poppies. Think windmills, lily pads, and ballerinas.
Highlights Generally Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.) Manet’s Luncheon on the Grass, Renoir’s Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette, Monet’s Poppy Field and Waterlilies, Van Gogh’s Bedroom in Arles, Degas’s Ballerinas, Millet’s The Gleaners
Meeting Point: At Rhinoceros statue
Duration: 2 to 2.5hs
Starting Time Options: 10am or 1pm (5:45pm option on Thursday nights)
Days: Tuesday to Saturday (NO Sunday or Monday)
Includes: Tour Guide; ‘Skip the line’ Museum Entry
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- My first trip to Paris and had to see the Museum D'Orsay. The Babylon tour guide, Belen, was remarkable. She is very passionate about art and its history and she made every painting come alive. Belen also explained the politics behind the famous paintings and art perseptives that were unknown to me. She spoke perfect English was was waiting for my husband and I at the designated location. There were 3 other people in our group, for a total of 5, and it was the perfect size. I felt very lucky to have Belen guide us, otherwise, the experience would not have been as great as it was. The museum if very large with a large volume of paintings, sculpture and rooms. I whole heartedly recommend Babylon and Belen. The price was reasonable given the fantastic guide.
- I recently took the Musee d'Orsay skip the line guided tour with Babylon Tours. It was a great experience and helped to really enjoy the Museum and learn a lot. It was my first time in the Musee d'Orsay and I must say it is now one of my favorite museums. It is worth signing up for the tour just to avoid the lines to get into the museum. I had arrived about 15 minutes prior to its opening and there was already a long que. Once our guide arrived and on time we bypassed all of that and were in the museum in less than 5 minutes. Our group was 5 people and our guide Belen was fantastic. You could really tell she had a passion for the Art and deep knowledge of the history. Without Belen I would not have learned nor enjoyed the museum as much as I did. She was easy to talk to and showed us different perspectives/vantage points to view the are from as to have a different experience. In addition to all the information she shared during the tour she also gave everyone information on things to see in the museum after the tour was over and encouraged staying in to do so. I would definitely do more tours with Babylon and especially if I know that Belen would be the guide. Pros: Great museum beautiful art knowledgeable and friendly guide ability to skip the line Negatives, none If you have the chance I strongly suggest you go to the Musee d'Orsay and take the tour with Babylon. You won't regret it.
- We chose a small group tour because my daughter loves art history. To our surprise the other members had to withdraw due to illness. Luccia our guide was phenomenal. My daughter interacted with her gentle soft tone and immediately set off. 2 1/2 hours later , we finished and it seemed as if no time had passed. Very informative, I wish we had her on our Louvre tour today!
- An amazing experience! My fiancé and I took a tour with Belen. In one word: fantastic. She was passionate and extremely knowledgeable. As we walked through Musee d'Orsay, she gave us a unique insight into the lives of the artists and walked us through history. We learned an extraordinary amount from her, and would specifically recommend Belen to everyone.
- Excellent tour guide! There was some slight confusion at the beginning, on our end. I went into the Musee d'Orsay rather than waiting by the statue as the email specified. Once inside, the staff were no help and told me that GetYourGuide no longer operated at the Musee d'Orsay and/or that they didn't operate on Sunday. In the end it all worked out as I brought up the email and found the meeting spot. We had a small group of two couples which made the tour even better as we could ask questions at our leisure. Our tour guide was super friendly, knowledgeable, and used an iPad to give further information on key paintings. All told, the tour was about two and a half hours of pure art, art history, and history. Definitely worth the price!