Rijksmuseum + Van Gogh Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Combo Tour – Private
- AMSTERDAM /
- Rijksmuseum + Van Gogh Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Combo Tour – Private
Discover more about this tour
Museum enthusiasts, listen up! This fully private 5 hour tour includes two of Amsterdam’s most popular museums and is an ideal way to experience them both during a day of art and culture. Our charming young guides will provide tickets for you to enter both the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum.
To begin this tour we’ll explore the Rijksmuseum to indulge in some of Holland’s most celebrated artists, like Rembrandt, while learning about the country’s rich history through a collection of 8000 works. Our guides will share their favorite stories about the museum’s most prominent and even quirkiest pieces. We’ll discuss familiar names like Rembrandt as well as lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses. Understand the meaning behind Vermeer’s “The Milkmaid” and marvel at the expansive 19th century library. At the end of the tour, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
You’ve probably heard about one of the world’s most famous painters, Vincent Van Gogh. But what do you actually know about this Dutch artist? After a break for lunch we’ll introduce you to the man behind the famous sunflowers and self-portraits on this private tour of the Van Gogh Museum. Learn about him through his iconic paintings of people eating potatoes and of his own bedroom, or maybe his “Wheat field with Crows” or “Yellow House.” We will visit the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh’s works to learn about his turbulent life stretching from his days in Holland to his dramatic ending in France. And yes, don’t worry, we’ll discuss that whole ear incident.
Highlights Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.) Rembrandt masterworks, The Jewish Bride, The Syndics of the Drapers' Guild, Vermeer's The Milkmaid, 19th century library, 17th century dollhouses, globes, ship replica, and Delft ceramics, Large Collection of Van Gogh Self Portraits, Early And Obscure Works, Objects From Van Gogh's Studio, Sunflowers, The Potato Eaters, The Bedroom, Yellow House, Wheat field with Crows
Meeting Point: Meet at the letter "I" of the giant I am Amsterdam sign outside of the Rijksmuseum
Starting Time Options: 10am
Includes: Tour Guide; ‘Skip the line’ access; Museum ticket valid for the entire day
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- As is true of many wonderful museums, there is so much to see it is difficult to focus. Our guide for our family of 5 adults was Victoria. She was both a masterful story teller about the lives of Van Gogh and Rembrandt and an expert in defining their styles of painting and comparing them to other painters of their time. We did not see EVERY painting but rather a series that depicted the growth and the challenges these artists had in their creative, often challenging lives. You would want this experience for this tour! This was a 4-5 hour tour and we were intrigued the entire time.
- We booked a combo tour of Rijksmuseum and the Van Gough with Babylon Tours. Their tour guide Victoria was wonderful. She had a passion for art and was very knowledgeable about the Dutch masters and Vincent. She had a great personality and made the tours fun, too.
- Amsterdam-Guided tour of Rijksmuseum & VanGogh Museum; excellent guide who was very knowledgeable and excellent communicator--made the tour more valuable and informative
- That was my second visit to Van Gogh museum and the first to Rijksmuseum. Both were excellent. First time I visited Van Gogh museum 3-4 years ago on my own without a guide and thought I read a lot about his life and works the tour was interesting but not complete. A tour with Victoria is a remarkable event! She not only knows "the subject" but likes it a lot and her passion pushes the limits and makes you appreciate Van Gogh as never before. Rijksmuseum is of course an absolute must to visit. I am sure I do visit both museums on my next visit to Amsterdam should it happen.
- Excellent Tour led by Victoria. She was extremely knowledgeable. I now have a different thought process on viewing and appreciating art.