Rijksmuseum Skip-the-Line Guided Museum Tour – Private
- AMSTERDAM /
- Rijksmuseum Skip-the-Line Guided Museum Tour – Private
Discover more about this tour
Holland’s version of the Louvre is essential when visiting Amsterdam, and this private tour will introduce visitors to the seemingly endless collection that curates Dutch history over the centuries. This 2 hour tour of the Rijksmuseum will pair you with a dashing young guide who will lead you through the museum. Your guide will provide tickets that are valid the whole day so that you can return at your leisure.
For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture – and who is really? – we will explore its rich and vibrant past through a selection of works from among the 8000 objects on display. We’ll discuss familiar names like Rembrandt as well as lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses. Understand the meaning behind Vermeer’s “The Milkmaid” and marvel at the expansive 19th century library. At the end of the tour, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
Highlights Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.) Rembrandt masterworks, The Nightwatch, The Jewish Bride, The Syndics of the Drapers' Guild, Vermeer's The Milkmaid, 19th century library, 17th century dollhouses, globes, ship replica, and Delft ceramics
Meeting Point: Meet at the letter "I" of the giant I am Amsterdam sign outside of the Rijksmuseum
Starting Time Options: 10am or 1pm
Includes: Tour Guide; ‘Skip the line’ access; Museum ticket valid for the entire day
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- We really enjoyed this private tour. Our guide, Paula, was very knowledgable as well as friendly and polite. Her English was good and you could sense a real enthusiasm from her for the museum and the art contained inside.
- Fantastic guide, Paola was both highly knowledgeable and extremely charming. A lovely morning in the Rijksmuseum and highly recommended.
- Victoria was a perfect docent for our mixed group. My kids were less than excited by the art history. So she peppered our tour with interesting history notes and the weapons display. I got my art upgrade and everyone was happy. That and #39;s no small feat!
- We entirely enjoyed the complete tour experience. Our guide was excellent. Her ability to describe the art and place it in historical context was just what we were looking for.
- Guide Victoria very knowledgeable and personable. Met all of our expectations.