British Museum Guided Tour – Private
- LONDON /
- British Museum Guided Tour – Private
Discover more about The British Museum
Take a break from art museums and explore the mummies and historical artifacts on a private tour of the British Museum. It will be just you and your guide during this engaging 2-2.5 hour tour.
The extensive collection spans 6000 years of human history, featuring items from every corner of the world. Our guides will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and forgotten empires through a carefully curated selection of exhibits.
Discover Samurai armor and centuries’ old Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning software. Leave the tour with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
Highlights Generally Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.)The Rosetta Stone,Assyrian Lion Hunt reliefs,Parthenon Sculpture,Lewis Chessmen,Oxus Treasure,Royal Game of Ur,Mummy of Katebet,Samurai Armour
Meeting Point: Meet by the Red telephone booth closest to the Main Gate in front of the British Museum.
Starting Time Options: 10am or 1pm
Includes: Private Tour Guide
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- Highly recommend the 2.5 hour private tour with Becky who has such passion for history, myth, art and artifacts - all of which can be found in the British museum with its massive collection. The three of us all appreciated the time to stop and ask questions. We covered Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, and Mayan periods. Becky is completing a masters in museum studies and a perfect guide.
- The British Museum is amazing and HUGE, and there are only so many tours of museums you can do in one trip right? This is not to be missed. We booked ahead of time for the 2 hour private guided tour. I remember thinking, maybe I should just go to the museum and get the audio tour. So glad we opted for this. The Tour Guide, Jake met us at 10:00 for a 2 hour private tour. Jake was extremely organized, took us on a great tour showing us several of the important exhibits in walking order, and pointed out things and highlights he thought interesting. The highlights were extremely interesting. But beyond that Jake had an educational background that made him the best guide for those exhibits AND he liked what he was doing. We were extremely pleased with the tour but the tour guide REALLY made it happen for us! Thanks Babylon for a great tour.
- My husband and I had been to the British Museum a couple of times, but always felt a little overwhelmed and like there was a lot we were missing because there is so much to see. So, we decided to hire a private guide. Going through the museum with our guide turned out to be one of the highlights of our UK vacation. I highly recommend hiring a guide! We met up with our guide, Jake, outside the British Museum on Aug 27th. He was on time, friendly and instantly made us feel welcome. He was really knowledgeable about the museum and his passion about the history of the exhibits was obvious. As we moved through the exhibits and artifacts, Jake really made them come to life with his explanations, stories, and historical accounts. Thanks to Jake for making our day so special!
- Private tour guide was knowledgeable, engaging and friendly personality.
- The British Museum was my favorite tour of this trip! Our Tour Guide, Becky was great - she was very knowledgeable and gave us the top objects to see, and added some i was interested in. I was so impressed with her ability to answer all our questions and have very even-sided discussions on the items that specific countries wanted back - would definitely book this tour again on our next trip - in two hours you can only see a very small part of this museum.