British Museum Guided Tour – Semi-Private
- LONDON /
- British Museum Guided Tour – Semi-Private
Discover more about this Semi-Private London Tour of the British Museum
Take a break from art museums and explore the mummies and historical artifacts on a semi-private tour of the British Museum. Our charming guides will take up to 8 visitors through this world-class collection during our 2-2.5 tour.
The extensive collection spans 6000 years of human history, featuring items from every corner of the world. Our guides will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and forgotten empires through a carefully curated selection of exhibits.
Discover Samurai armor and centuries’ old Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning software. Leave the tour with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
Highlights Generally Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.)The Rosetta Stone,Assyrian Lion Hunt reliefs,Parthenon Sculpture,Lewis Chessmen,Oxus Treasure,Royal Game of Ur,Mummy of Katebet,Samurai Armour
Meeting Point: Meet by the Red telephone booth closest to the Main Gate in front of the British Museum.
Starting Time Options: 10am or 1pm
Includes: Tour Guide
18 years of age or older
Between 10 - 17 years of age
Between 0 - 9 years of age
- What was a small group tour turned out to be a private tour with Kathy. She was knowledgeable, affable and very considerate of my husband's health issues. She knew the Museum very well and guided us to the important pieces of the Museum. We had a great time and would recommend Kathy and this tour to anyone.
- Great way to make your first visit to the British Museum. Becky is very nice, very knowledgeable of this place and she's great at explaining the highlights of the museum. Plan to take the first available tour in order to be able to stay afterwards and check the museum in depth, it is worthwhile because the museum is huge and very interesting.
- Great experience! Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable! He kept it fun and exciting...He knew which items to see, explained the historical significance and could answer all our questions! Our teenager loved it too! We really valued this experience... Would recommend this to anyone going to the British Museum!
- My 17 year old son and I really enjoyed the 2 hour guided tour of the British Museum with Jake. We arrived a bit late due to traffic and through my own fault, missed the meeting place. Jake took the trouble to find us and for the next 2 hours there wasn't a boring moment.Next time we are back, we'll do another.
- What a lovely group of people to work with! I had booked the tour for 2 pm but they were not able to provide a guide at that time and asked if we could switch to the 10am tour. That made it awfully tight -- arriving, transferring to the hotel, storing luggage, meeting up with friends and getting to the museum. They accommodated us by adjusting the time and with the last minute addition of 2 more to our group. We were fortunate to have Becky as our tour guide to make sure we saw the highlights of the museum and allowing our diverse group to make numerous stops along the way. This is an amazing museum! If you want to make sure you see the best of this museum's offerings, this tour is the way to go!